Vacuum insulated beer growlers are high quality growlers that keep your beer ice-cold for several hours down the line. Unlike the conventional growlers, they come with special, vacuum insulated walls that ensure your beer/ preferred beverage stays cold, fresh and perfectly carbonated. A good vacuum insulated growler keeps your beer chilled for 24+ hours, while the basic ones do it for 10-12+ hours.
In case you’re splurging in these growlers for the first time and don’t yet know the best brands, here’s a list of the top 5 vacuum insulated growlers that are pretty, sleek and incredibly functional.
Best Vacuum Insulated Growlers
- Hydro Flask Vacuum Insulated Beer Growler
- Stanley Classic Vacuum Insulated Growler
- Yukon Insulated Beer Growler
- BottleBud Vacuum Insulated Beer Growler
- Drink Tanks Vacuum Insulated Beer Growler
1. Hydro Flask Vacuum Insulated Beer Growler
If you’re fond of beer growlers that aren’t just pretty but also come with solid vacuum insulation- then this growler by Hydro Flask is your best bet. With its double-wall Temp Shield technology, this growler will keep your beer ice-cold at every possible location and temperature; this is a perfect buddy for hiking, skiing or sun bathing.
It is also very air-tight, its cap uses ‘Honeycomb insulation’ and so keeps the beer carbonated all times. And that’s not all! It comes in stunning colors J. It is definitely eye catchy and its body is powder coated which offers a good grip. In my opinion beer growlers should come in some serious colors, not in fluorescent ones, but hey that’s just my opinion.
This growler comes in two sizes; 32oz & 64oz. It is made of 18/8 professional food grade stainless steel. It comes under a life-time warranty. This growler doesn’t come with a carrying bag of any sorts. Its cap has a handle, and you can also fix it with different kinds of caps like a straw lid or a sports cap.
- Sleek, compact and backed by the ‘fresh carry system’.
- The Tempshield Double walled technology will guard the temperature of your beer at every hour.
- Strong and durable.
- Comes with a slip-free grip.
- Colors are too bright (for me)
2. Stanley Classic Vacuum Insulated Growler
Now, this one has some serious color, it comes in matte black.
Whether you’re packing for your party, checking by your local brewery for a refill or simply heading out for an errand- Stanley’s Classic Vacuum Insulated Growler will always come handy. It is made of high-quality, food-grade stainless steel, and the part of its cap which touches the beer is also stainless steel. It comes with a handy handle. The cap is latch type which ensures tight, air-proof fit.
To put it simply, your beer will be nice and chilly up-to 24 hours. The growler is BPA free and comes with a two quart capacity. It also has a life-time warranty. This is a solid, handy growler which you will love for sure.
- Comes with a vacuum insulated body and a vacuum insulated lid.
- BPA free.
- Keeps your beer ice-cold for 24 hours.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Backed by a heavy-duty handle.
- The latch is plastic which may break on long-term use.
3. Yukon Insulated Beer Growler
Designed in Yukon, Northern Canada, this beer growler is ideal for people who head out for frequent adventures or short trips to the beach. You can fill with beer, water or any of your preferred beverages, and the device will keep it cool regardless of the weather. According to reviews, it’ll keep your beer chilled for 24-long hours. So whether it’s a party or a beach-trip, you’ll always have your chilled beer right within your reach.
The growler is available with 64 oz carrying capacity, which means you can easily fill in 4 pints or 5 bottles on a single go. It is made of high quality steel and the bottom of the cap, like the Stanly growler above, is made of the same.
Instead of a handle this one has a thread connecting the cap and the collar which doesn’t seem to be a good idea to me. Anyway, going by the price, it definitely seems to be a worth investment. Also, it is covered under a life-time warranty.
- Solid, sturdy and compact.
- Keeps your beer carbonated and chilled for 24 hours.
- Comes with a carrying capacity of 64 Oz.
- Affordable and easy to clean.
- The thread connecting the lid and the collar may loosen the lid.
4. BottleBud Vacuum Insulated Beer Growler
BottleBud growler is an excellent choice, crafted from high quality stainless steel, this product has a double walled insulation that keeps your beer chilled and carbonated for upto 24 hours.
And that’s not all, you also get access to a free travel bag, a full 30-day refund (in case it doesn’t meet your expectations), a high quality metal lid and complete assurance from the makers. The device is sleek, chic and perfect for your parties and errands. It also has 2 spare silicon lid seals. The manufacturer also made some improvements to the threads recently based on customer requests to make it more air-tight.
And, just in case Amazon recommends you to buy a ‘Hydro flask lid’, don’t go for it.
- Made from premium grade stainless steel.
- Your beer tastes fine since the metal doesn’t absorb any flavor.
- Your beer stays chilled for 12 hours straight.
- Comes with a travel carry bag.
- Backed by double insulated walls.
- Comes with a feature for full refund.
- no handle
5. Drink Tanks Vacuum Insulated Beer Growler
If you’re looking to splurge in a classic, double-insulated growler- Drink Tanks’ latest vacuum insulated growler is surely one of the best options. Made from 18/8 stainless steel, this growler dons superior vacuum insulation that keeps your beer cold and frothy, just the way you want. Like the other products on our list, this one too comes with a solid cap that seals the vacuum and prevents any leak.
Also, it comes with a 128oz capacity version in addition to 64oz. I like the design of the handle as well.
And it doesn’t just end here! The latch type cap with stainless steel bottom ensures that your beer tastes great no matter wherever you go. It is BPA free, safe to be used in dishwashers and comes available in lots of fun colors. So if you’re looking for a product that not only looks good but also ranks well in terms of functionalities- this is the growler to go for.
- Double insulated vacuum walls keep your beer cold, fresh and carbonated.
- Solid and sturdy built.
- Made from 18/8 stainless steel.
- Available in quirky and fun colors.
- BPA free.
- Easy to clean.
- Dishwasher safe.
- It is pricey compared to the other growlers I listed here, but I believe that’s subjective.
Pros and Cons of a Vacuum Insulated Growler
- Keeps your beer chilled for upto 24 hours.
- Ensures that your beer is fresh and carbonated.
- Available in cool designs and quirky colors.
- BPA free and easy to clean
- Has double wall insulation
- Good for rough use, doesn’t break on impact
- They are on the costly side when all types of growlers are considered.
Vacuum Insulated Growler Vs. Ceramic Growlers
Ceramic Growlers are pretty and aesthetically pleasing to the utmost. But when it comes to cooling capacity, they are only half as efficient as the Vacuum insulated variants. While the ceramic ones naturally cool your beer and might be affected by increasing temperatures, the vacuum insulated growlers are backed by proper technology that is designed to keep your beer cool at every possible weather condition. So if you’re looking to splurge in a top-notch growler that ranks high in terms of looks as well as functionality, the Vacuum variants can be your best bid. And also, they don’t break into pieces on impact.